Here are 17 thoughts everybody has at their Oireachtas/Qualifier:
1. These ballrooms are so crowded.
2. This entire row is saved by dress bags, no fair!
3. Everywhere is so crowded, it’s like a sea of wigs and sequins.
4. Ooh vendors, everything is so sparkly!
5. How far behind the schedule are we?
6. There are girls and boys dancing literally everywhere, there is no walking space.
7. Wow, that girl’s pouf was so perfect.
8. He’s really good, I wonder what competition he’s in.
9. Where are all these people getting Starbucks from? I need to find the Starbucks.
10. I don’t know if I can listen to “Vanishing Lake” anymore.
11. What tanner did she use, it’s so dark!
12. Do I have enough crystals on my dress?
13. What time is it? What day is it?
14. Awards were supposed to start an hour ago…
15. My friends are dancing at the same time, how do I watch both of them?
16. Maybe if I stand near the back of the ballroom at the room divider I can switch from ballroom to ballroom really quickly.
17. Wow, this is such great reel music, I feel like dancing!
Good luck, everybody!
Photo credit: Image belongs to and is courtesy of blog author.
Whether you are training for an Oireachtas, taking your first steps in Irish dancing or you just want to get fit in a fun way, Diddlyi has what you need. Access all of our online Irish dance workshops FREE for 24 hours - it takes less than a minute to register!