Here are 16 thoughts everybody has side stage at a feis:
1. Maybe I should tie my shoes one last time.
2. Now they’re double knotted, no chance of coming undone.
3. I should count from the beginning to see who I’m dancing with.
4. Should I ask her/him which way he/she goes on the lead round?
5. I hope my hair is still in place. *Hops a few times.* Yeah, I’m good.
6. I wonder if the floor is slippery.
7. I should definitely step on a wet cloth before I go onstage.
8. I should go through my steps for the next few rounds of dancers.
9. I need to stay warmed up, so I’ll jump up and down a few times when this group of dancers finishes.
10. I’ll give my hamstrings one last stretch too.
11. There’s only one group of dancers left before me, time to visualize.
12. I’ve totally got this, I just need to really push myself all the way through.
13. Ok they’re on the last step, time to stand up straight.
14. Walk out with confidence, and turned out feet of course.
15. Smile to the judges, point my toe and I’ll be off.
16. *Music ends.* Ok, here we go!
Photo credit: Image belongs to and is courtesy of blog author.
Whether you are training for an Oireachtas, taking your first steps in Irish dancing or you just want to get fit in a fun way, Diddlyi has what you need. Access all of our online Irish dance workshops FREE for 24 hours - it takes less than a minute to register!